This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to start private activity on the watch?

This is generic question (or suggestion) for any activity or device.  First a little background so I'm happy to share most all of my outdoor runs on Garmin Connect which - due to my sharing settings - in turn updates Connect and Strava, that's fine.    However there are some warm up & downs or training runs that I want tracked to my account but would be incredibly boring and unnecessary clutter for other people to view. 

I don't want to have to mess around on the computer and set those activities to private after finishing the workout and uploading, that's too much hassle and means the data had been shared and notified to peers already so too late.   I want to set the activity private from the watch face so it isn't automatically shared with the world. 

For example when starting the activity the watch Options pane would have a selection to mark activity private, then an icon would show on the watch face to confirm this.  Future activities could then either follow the previous setting or default to not private, either or.  There could be a better word than private in this use case such as 'do not share'.  Anyway I hope you understand what I am trying to say here.  Is it possible?  If it isn't I think it's a good suggestion to improve the product.