This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Timer stopped working

Hi,

I just dont get it, what is going on?

There are plenty of firmware issues with the FR55:

- Custumizing Intensity Minutes to HR Zones does not work

- Connect IQ datafields disappear on a daily basis

and now the timer does not work anymore: 

I am using this timer a lot to set up certain times for cooking something or for stuff I should remind myself for ... etc

For no reason the timer is bricked now: Cant set up the time, always shows 0:00 and I guess only a hard reset might help.

Please Garmin, how come basic working features like this just stop functioning?

• naturally after hardreseting the timer works again.

Interestingly enough before the hardreset there was a new feature in the timer function: "safe timer". That function is gone after the hardreset. 

Is Garmin secretely rolling out new features as there was also a new brightness option in the setup without receiving a new firmware. 

• So, the timer is again not working. Whatever time I set, once I want to start the timer it always shows 0. So no way to start it.

Please fix

• Thank you for taking part in our Forums. I've sent you a DM regarding this.

• Thx, replied.

In general: Only a hardreset made the timer work again. Strange anyway, that the timer I had before the hardreset offered the option to "Save Timer" and have various Timers running at the same time (none of those worked though). After hardreset all of that was gone and only one Timer is left (that one works at least).

Anyway: it would be great to have the "Save Timer" option as it is available on other Forerunners and Instincts as well. thx