This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 55 newbie questions

I am a complete novice with any of these kind of devices so please be patient with me :-)  I just set off on my first run using this watch and after 4 and a bit km it abruptly told me that my workout had finished. It also kept telling me intermittently that I was 8 something ahead. Ahead of what? I haven't knowingly set any target/limit parameters and can't see where I might work out what happened and how to correct/remove them. Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

• Welcome to the fun zone!
    Relative noob here too. Did you just press run and go or did you select a workout? A workout usually has set targets in, so you might have met one of those. 4 km something seems an odd target so perhaps the target was a time or heart rate or something. The intermittent 8, ahead, sounds like a pace alert was set, so you were running faster (ahead) than the pace set. I don't remember if any were set by default, I've played with mine so much.
    If you go to Activities on the watch, select Run, Run Settings, then have a look at alerts. There are some good youtube videos on setting alerts (I used this one for pace yesterday, https://youtu.be/_oWyX8GzYC different watch but basically same set up and there is a series of FR55 videos on setup) I haven't understood whether alerts have a heirachy or whether different types can happily function together or not. Experiment with the different settings, you can't harm anything. Once you have defined an alert you do have to ensure it is set to On in Status, otherwise it won't alert you.

For a relatively cheap watch it has so many functions to delve into!

Hope that sets you in the right direction at least

• Thanks for your tips. Yes, I just hit the run button and started.  I've now managed to set the screens how I want them by following a Youtube tutorial but can't see any settings that will have caused yesterdays 'thing'. I have no workouts or training sessions set (that I know of).  I shall try again and see where I get. I will get there but I'm in the age profile where these things are not instinctive for me ;-)