This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Setting Intervals Run Locks up watch

I have set up an Interval setting of 30 seconds run, 30 seconds rest (walk), and repeat 45 times.  That setting works great, but if I try to increase the number of repeats for longer runs, say for example 80, then the screen freezes and the watch has to be turned off to get out of it.  Is this a software issue, a watch defect, or am I doing something wrong?

• Update: I experimented today and the maximum Repeats I can set is 52.  When I set 53 repeats the watch locks up and upon rebooting it is back to 52. The selection dial lists up 99 Repeats, so it should be able to be set that high.

I also tried resetting to factory default values, but that did not help.

• try setting up a run custom workout in the app and send it to the watch, should work better than the intervall setting on the watch

• I tried to do that, but it says that is not supported for this watch. Apparently the only workouts allowed are the built-in "Today's Suggestion."

• No, running workouts are definately supported, same as cycling.

I use that every day. 

Just for fun I tried to create a custom workout like you sre looking for:

Go into the Connect App, Workouts, Create Workout, Bike, Add Repeat, Put there Walk and Run as two workout sets one after the other, change the Repeat number to the max of 40 (more is not possible per set) and put one more Repeat set of the same kind with 5 Repeats at the end.

Took me 2min to set up and send to the FR 55. Worked fine.

Even with 2 sets of 40 each, so 80 repeats it works fine and syncs to the FR 55.

Do you have this watch? Latest firmware?  

• Thank You!  That worked. The previous attempts I made were by making HIIT Run/Walk Intervals which look almost identical, but will not sync with the Forerunner 55. The software version says 4.11 and that it is up to date.

• ok, that is good to hear.

Only Running and Cycling workouts sync to the FR 55.

I even create yoga and strength workouts as Running, sync them to the device and edit the synced training in the App after finishing. I change the Running to Yoga, Strength etc and see all my variation of workouts in my statistics nicely

• We appreciate the feedback. Was able to reproduce the issue and have pass along to the correct team. As the users below stated you can create a custom run workout in the meantime.

• The issue with locking up the watch if more than 52 repeats are selected is fixed now. 

Since I currently have the new Software Version 5.07 I gave it another try today.

I added all 99 repeats and it accepted it fine. No locking up.

Thanks for everyone's help and for submitting the issue to Garmin.