This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart Rate And Other Issues

Hi guys,

I got a new Forerunner 55 for Christmas and I'm very excited to start using it. However there are a few things not working and a few things I'm just plain confused about and would appreciate some advice.

The watch is tracking my runs and walks just fine, but the heart rate monitor is not working. I've tried everything I can with regards to changing settings and turning the watch off and on etc. The green lights on the back flash sometimes but most of the time they don't.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is why I'm also getting no data for sleep and body battery even though I've been wearing the watch night and day. 

Is it a case of needing to use the watch for a while before I start getting the data or does it just not work? 

I'm excited to start using the more in depth features like the coach and making proper workout plans etc but I'm discouraged that I can't get these features to work. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. I've been running for a while but this is my first smart watch. 

EDIT: I've been playing around with fit and the lights come on when the watch is slightly above my wrist, but not when it's on snugly. There is no way to have the watch on my wrist snugly and have the lights work. Seems like an awkward fit.