This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 55 showed excessive battery drain. I fully charged the device in the evening, wore it overnight, and the battery was down by 30-40% the following day. This was with no tracked activities or bluetooth

Forerunner 55 showed excessive battery drain. I fully charged the device in the evening, wore it overnight, and the battery was down by 60% the following day. This was with no tracked activities or bluetooth

I have updated the software to 3.03 and done a factory reset.

Any ideas as I am no on my second Forerunner 55 as my first one had the same issue and was returned to the shop for an exchange

• THANKS FOR ALL ! I bought the 55 in Brazil and I am having the same issue. I will try PhysicsRunner's suggestion and then see what happens. I am really pissed off with garmin. 

• I think that in some cases the battery drain issue is moderable and users don't realize that the watch has problem. it could be worse if users have daily activies with gps on. That's why we don't see a lot of users claiming the issue.

• This action hasn’t solved the problem :/ 

• I'm sorry to hear, I know the frustration myself. I am still upset that I have use a work around to use my 55 effectively or fight with Garmin/the retailer to get my money back.
    The only thing to do is either work through the various fixes people have found/contact Garmin for their potential fix or give your 55 back immediately for a refund. Don't let the retailer give you another one, as a few of us have seen, being on our second device, getting a new 55 does not resolve what is clearly a/some software/settings glitch/es.

• Yes! Thanks. I am gonna try to give it back…thanks for your help. 

• I just got my new FF55 and I am experiencing this same issue. Very shocked to see this has already happened 8 months ago and there is still not a fix at all. I am writing just hope that Garmin can see this and working on a fix asap.,

• If you are looking for solution for the same issue here are somethings I tried and seems like it is a WORKAROUND so far.

1. I powdered off the watch and restarted it again.
    2. I connected the watch to a computer's USB instead of a USB charger and recharged it.
    3. I removed the "Running" from the favorite list (default at start) and put it on top of the apps list instead. (I believe this is the most possible cause). Hence there is not a favorite list in my watch now.

The software version for my FF55 is 4.12.

#Garmin Forerunner 55 battery drain during sleep