This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Shutdown/Restart after every workout

My Forerunner 45S is constantly shutting down/restarting at the end of every workout when I press Save. I know I lose the step count and sometimes other data as well. If I remember to sync before ending the workout I can sometimes avoid the loss of data. I have updated all software, reset to factory settings and re-paired my device. So frustrated. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

• The same is happening to my watch

• Yours is more frustrating to lose the data.

For my case, whenever I click the start/stop button to start a workout, the watch will reboot itself.

I need to press the back button instead to start my activity.

I think I am seeing this while upgrading from 3.40 to 3.50.

• Yours is more frustrating to lose the data.

For my case, whenever I click the start/stop button to start a workout, the watch will reboot itself.

I need to press the back button instead to start my activity.

I think I am seeing this while noticing the watch was upgrading from 3.40 to 3.50.

When I was on 3.40 last week, this rebooting did not happen.

Garmin please fix this bug.

• Bumping this back up.  This is still happening on our 45S.  Not every time an activity is saved, but typically when saving a longer activity.  The watch freezes, shows the Garmin triangle, reboots itself - and then the actual activity data is saved.  But the daily steps are wrong and likely other daily tracking metrics as well.  We're up to date at 3.80, I believe.  

Others seeing this behavior?

• This is happening on my 45s about half of the time.  The activity is available on the watch for manual syncing, however some of the time the calories and steps are lost. I hate plugging in my watch to recover runs, please fix this!  

• Happened to me today. No idea what went wrong.

• Hi, this keeps happening to my watch as well. Any idea how to fix it?

• This is happening with my 45S as well! Only on longer activities like you as well, which is frustrating as it tends to be my longer runs that I miss out on. I press stop at the end of the activity, then when I try to save it, it freezes, then I get the Garmin triangle, and then a reset symbol. The data is saved within the activity, but intensity minutes, calories, steps, and VO2 is all lost and not recoverable. Did you ever manage to resolve your issue? 

• this happens every time if my phone isn't connected. I've been very disappointed with the 45. The 35 was much more reliable.

• This has happened to me a few times too, last time after the restart the distance for the run had increased, and my steps and calories were not counted. Still no fix?