This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 35 dies after 2 years

Garmin virgin, started off with forerunner 35 in about April 2017. Used as everyday watch, for runs, swims, cycles etc. Great, fantastic, no complaints until it died in Nov 2018 Disappointed

Reunited in March 2019 with another forerunner 35. Again, no complaints, until also dying in July 2021.Disappointed relieved

Garmin, I am a fan...but 2 watches....really?

Took the plunge and upgraded to 735XT in July 2021, so far so good however the bluetooth continually connects/disconnects. I have followed the troubleshooting suggestions: making sure software is up to date, unpairing, turning devices on/off, repairing device etc. 

Yes, I swam (not dove) with the forerunners, however it is the same water rating as the 735XT, as thought the swimming may have caused damage. 

I am not looking for a freebie, but surely the forerunner should last longer than 2 years?

Is there a mailing address I can send the faulty forerunner's to?

Thank you. 

• Is there a mailing address I can send the faulty forerunner's to?

You'll need to contact Garmin Product Support. Suggest phone or chat starting at the Garmin Support Center

• They (FR35) Will Die if You Swim or Shower with Them.

• I also have the forerunner 35. Bought May 2019, and started malfunctioning August 2021, after 2 years and 3 months. My screen went white like yours. After a hard reset, it worked again for a few hours, then went white screen again. After second hard rest, working partially now. Left side of screen is whitish, and top right button not working. Out of warranty, so I am stuffed, and looking at buying different smart watch. Very sad as really loved this comfortable watch.

• Seems that I have to try and make contact with Garmin to get hold of one of these dead Forerunner 35s... :-) I have one that's served me well and gave absolutely no problems at all since I got it about 4 years ago. Unfortunately on mine the where the strap screws on to the body physically broke off when the strap got caught on something. I am not sitting with an otherwise good FR35 and according to Garmin I cannot get a replacement body for it, I can trade it in on another one. Maybe I should try and se if I can somehow fix it with some kind of a glue that work on plastic. 

• I own a FR35 for 2 years and 2 months now and used it for pool swims nearly 30 times for 1 hr including pressing start stop button when wet. It's still working fine. Hope it will stays that way... My only complaint about the device is the HR tracking which drops down suddenly to around 80 BPM for 1 minute during an activity but that seems to be a general Garmin problem for wrist based HR measurements.