This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

forerunner 35 stays on miles instead of km

In sytem>units I have set my forerunner 35 to kilometers. In bike mode I have set fields page 1 to Distance, heart rate en Speed.
I have set Pace/Speed at speed.

Distance is correctly at kilometers, however Speed is in miles/hour. I was doing 16 kmph and my watch said 10. So I knew it was in miles per hour. How can I make sure that it changes to km?

In the connect app all the settings are km aswell.
  • Also check the settings on the web in Garmin Connect. Sometimes that can override the app or the watch Make sure all three places are saying the same thing

HTH

CW
  • Don't know if the OP managed to fix this but I'm having the same issue. My watch and app are set to kilometres - when I run, my pace is in mins/km but distance is in miles.

The settings on Garmin Connect on the web are in miles and every time I change it to km, it reverts back to miles.

Any help would be appreciated!
  • I have had these issues since August last year. On an off I would get disatnce as miles or pace as minutes/ mile.. always one of the "metric" setings was not metric!!!! On garmin Connect and Strava averything is metric.
    After seeing this post I haver changed all speed and distance optons on web to metric. walk outdoor bike etc. Whereever there is a distance mentioned I have ticked it to overwrite any default..
    Let see how this works..
  • When I try to set Connect on the web to km, it reverts back to miles. Ironically, on the connect mobile app I can't change km to miles!

Either way it's messing up my watch and the support team don't seem to know what is causing it.
  • I have exactly the same issue. The distance is correctly in Kms but pace is in miles/min. Both app and Garmin connect are set to Kms. I have also an Garmin edge 500 for biking and I don't have this issue. I'm guessing it's a bug on the firmware.
  • Hello there,
    same problem here, no way to have the speed displayed in km/h, alway mph.
    Would love Garmin to fix this :)
  • I experience the same problem with a Gramin Forerunner 35 Pace/speed is in miles while both the watch and connect are set to KM.
    It seems to be a bug!
  • Yes, I too have a similar issue. My device is set to miles on all 3 system areas. (2 on the App, 1 on the device). It is set to miles but measures it accurately in km's - but says they are miles. When I switch to km's it dynamises the no of km's up as if it were converting the miles to km's. So - if I do a 5km run it will show 5 - but as miles. If I switch it to Km's it takes the five and shows it as 8.04 km's. Phew. Makes me look really fit to my "connections". Is there anyone out there understands this and can help please?
  • Presumably, looking at the lack of solutions here, a member of Garmin technical support does not monitor this forum?