Prevent heart rate from being broadcast to multiple treadmills in gym?

Hello!

New owner of a Garmin watch!  While using the treadmill activity in the gym, I've noticed that the watch will broadcast my heart rate over ANT+. This is convenient as it displays my heart rate on the treadmill I am using.

However, I have noticed that not only is my heart rate displayed on my treadmill, but it is also being displayed on other treadmills in the gym that are occupied by other people.

For example, today I was running on the treadmill at the gym, and my heart rate was displayed on my treadmill, the treadmill to my left, and also the treadmill on the other side of that treadmill. So, a total of 3 treadmills were displaying my heart rate. Obviously, this confused the other runners and was slightly embarrassing for me.

I have no idea how to prevent this from happening. I would like to limit where my heart rate is displayed so it does not inconvenience other people in the gym.

I have been unable to find any suggestions online for this concern. I was under the impression that ANT+ required you to be very close to sensor to connect, but obviously this is not the case for me. It was broadcasting to a treadmill ~8 feet way.

Thank you in advance!

• Ant+ broadcasts only and as such doesn’t connect to a specific unit. This is one of the great things about it as one unit can broadcast/be received by many units. Whereas Bluetooth connection will connect with specific unit and only send signal to that unit. So the only way you can achieve what you want us to see if you can connect to threadmill by Bluetooth (doubt it though) 

• Thank you thomas_nors. I believe you are correct and I was ignorant on how ANT+ functions. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question.