So many issues, I just cant stop complaining.

Firstly, the onboard optical HR sensor sucks, so I had to spend on a Polar H10...the optical one is always lagging no matter whatever tweaks I try, it just doesnt do justice to any physical activity.

Secondly, since the last official update 17.xx, the training readiness is not updating after any zwift activities, plus sometimes the calories doesnt sync well, sometimes the max HR doesnt sync well with the activity.

Its been a year since you guys have launched this watch. High time you focus on your current line-up, than just working on new high end ones. Its good to progress but not at the sake of ignoring your current consumers.

Even the Apple watch has an Optical Sensor, how is it more accurate than yours when you have been in this field since ages.

Look at the images I have uploaded, My Max HR during the activity and what Garmin Connect is showing, after burning almost 1000 calories my Load is 176 See no evil and my TR is @ 74..I guess my efforts are going down the drain.

Stop adding uselsss features, start rectifying the ones that consumers are complaining about. 

• Couldn't agree more!

If the onboard optical HR is useless, why would one put it there in the first place.

I also use OH1 by Polar which is optical on the arm but provides much better pulse data!

• well the saddest part is, this being a new addition to forerunner series, they didnt provide it a new heart sensor instead installed that in the new Venu Series, that too when they were already having issues with 255 heart sensor. When I mail to them, instead of clarifying my issues they send me a link to check how to use training readiness as if I am dumb that I dont know how it works and I still bought it Joy

How can they push updates and call them official when they are bricking their devices, and they dont even provide an option to rollback to an old working firmware. So either one is stuck with the beta or the new one which is worse.

Even the 965 owners are complaining in the forums about similar issues, I mean seriously why would a brand not provide the latest physical hardware for these forerunners instead would give them to Venu, fenix and epix only...its not like forerunners are very cheap to buy.

• It is not the hardware, it is the firmware interpreting the internal OHR's data that is buggy as ***, so you can be sure that it sucks on all new devices as well.

• whether its the hardware or the software, they are launching new products without solving old issues...the training readiness is not updating, hrv data sucks...everyday I am having low hrv...zwift max hr is not syncing with garmin...the official firmware before 17.26 used to work fine for me for the syncs...but now the watch is just useless for me since i am not getting any actual or realistic metric...

• I’m with you. The HR monitor sucks. Just did a hiit workout yesterday and it said my avg bpm was 120….it wasn’t. My battery is also draining at 25% per day with an avg of 1-2 workouts 

• Ask your crew to provide the consumers the option to rollback to old firmwares, so that if their watches get buggy with the new ones at least they can have them to work with the old ones and stay satisfied with whats working for them. Some like new features some don't, everyone doesnt want the same thing. For some a fitness watch might be just for casual use and they wont mind a few metrics going up and down but serious runners and cyclists do focus on those metrics...

Its high time Garmin realises how frustrated the consumers are becoming, and it was surely a dumb mistake from my side to update to 17.26...got tempted for the sleep coach which ruined everything else...

Sometimes, the activities are not syncing with strava, training readiness not updating, HRV is stuck at 47, the battery is dying like crazy even after simple workouts...

• and all, 

Thank you for your participation on our community forum, I'm sorry to read about your frustrations. I understand that receiving FAQ's regarding topics that you are already aware of can be frustrating, but if you have met the requirements for Training Readiness to be updated- we would need to look into your account and examine specific activity examples. Your HRV data would need to be closely examined as well, as it can be impacted by recent trends in your activity levels, sleep, and other factors. Your most efficient help will be provided by the agent you were working with, so please reply to them with activity examples that you believe met the TR requirements and why. Or, if you are able to call or 'chat' in your region, I highly recommend doing so for the fastest support. 

We do not have an available option to rollback to old firmware versions, so we will need to make sure that we are officially investigating these concerns through our Product Support Center. I am happy to help as much as I can.

Regarding the difference between your daily "High Heart Rate" and your Max HR from a recorded activity, please view the explanation from I Am Seeing Two Different High Heart Rate Values in Garmin Connect. This is by design.

Regarding OHR accuracy concerns during activities (specifically running, walking, and hiking), we are currently investigating new reports after 18.2X. If anybody has accuracy issues after sw 18.2X, please reply and acknowledge that I may reach out via email and view activity examples from Garmin Connect.

If you have OHR concerns that are outside of running, walking, and hiking, please view The Heart Rate Sensor on My Garmin Watch Is Not Accurate. With activities that require wrist flexing, you may need to wear it slightly further up on your wrist. If nothing from the FAQ helps, let me know.

Basic battery saving tips can be found in Tips to Extend the Battery Life on a Garmin Fitness Watch. However, if your device is still rapidly draining, please reach out to Product Support directly so they can further investigate settings and possibly set up device-side logging: Garmin Product Support

Strava recently reported an outage that should be resolved by now. If you have activities that did not sync to Strava, please try manually uploading them (Import Historical Data From Garmin Connect). If future activities aren't syncing, please disconnect the two accounts and reconnect them. There are a few more troubleshooting steps here: Strava Support.  If that does not help, please contact Strava.

• Battery saving tips….my watch is a month old. Lasted 10 days after the first charge.  The only changes I have done from factory are my sleep schedule from 10pm-7am…which should save battery not eat it up. Now I’m sitting here for weeks charging my watch every 3 days while playing the guinea pig for garmin while they look at my logging. As a first time customer this just makes me regret my decision to switch from Apple. 
  • My watch was working kind of okay, except the Hr till I didnt update to the one that had sleep coach...the day since I have updated...issues have arised...

You should try a hard reset, may be that might help...

1. Already did the hard reset. Had garmin look into and they sent me the beta. Which didn’t work. Now they are tracking my logging. Charged yesterday at 9am and 35 hours later I’m sitting at 57%. Only did 4 total workouts. Pulse ox on demand only. And my sleep schedule is 10-7. Garmin prolonging the issue. My battery is dead after 1 month