This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HR jump issue still on 18.22

Not sure if anyone else is still seeing the same HR issue on the most recent software update?

I was seeing improvements on 18.20 and 18.21 with shorter runs of 5k, however have just finished a 10mile (16k) and noticed the heart rate jump occurred again at kilometre 7 - a clear jump from 150ish bpm to 188/190 and then remained there for the remaining 9km left to run!

Starting to get more than a little frustrating now!!!

• This will likely never be fixed completely, it is a limit of this photoplethysmography technology, mostly seen during activities.
    Get a chest strap instead, an easy and cheap fix.

• well, arm OHR sensors works perfectly. apple watch has no such issues.

also, it is a pretty basic physiology that HR cannot jump or drop 20 bpm or more under 1 sec. so if a software does that, there must be an algorithm realizing that "oops, everything that I thought about my measurement was wrong, so let's start over, shall we?"

so garmin developers must be aware that something is terribly wrong, they just use duct tapes as a tactical hack to "solve" this issue, instead of figuring out what's went wrong in the first place.

• Until most reviewers keep saying the internal HR sensor is fine nothing will be done about it.
    We need people like Ray Maker and his circle of friends to get a reality check, the sensor is fine most of the time but sooner or later it goes haywire for many people. 
    Also I'm not entirely sold on this being a software only problem. 

• All, 

If you are seeing inaccurate HR data, we are eager to investigate. Please answer the following so we can take a closer look: 

1. May we have permission to reach you via email?
    2. May we have permission to view your Connect account?
  • I have had nothing but issues since I got this watch a month ago. Inaccurate HR readings and the battery life last 3 days tops. Your customer service just had me logging my info with no real answer to the problem. I wish I could just return and get the fenix 

• Hi,

during my interval run I have also noticed that the HR was incorrect. It remained nearly the same during the interval and rest period although there was a 2:30min/km pace difference between the two.
    Feel free to contact me.

• All, 

Please refer to THIS thread regarding OHR. I am locking this one so we can keep the conversation in one thread.