Forerunner 265 battery drain

Anyone else seeing a huge drain in battery? I got 3 days of battery life with normal usage. 3 HIIT workouts and one run. I charged it last night and I’m already at 85%. Downloaded the new beta and it’s still giving me issues. Anyone else?

• Mine as well. @Garmin any way to fix this?

• Same here. I've always reliably gotten 5 days of battery life and now I get just 2.

• I finally got garmin to send me a 965. Battery life is no where near 23 days but I’m consistently getting 7-8 days. Better than the 2 I got with the 265

• I'm on 18.27 on the 265, I haven't logged any GPS activities since last charge and after 11 days I am at 43% with the always on display and phone notifications off/no bluetooth or wifi but heart rate/stress/activity tracking on, I am happy my the rate of battery consumption.

Maybe try a software reset if drain is still an issue? Worked for me a few updates ago.

• Yes I'm having massive battery drain since the 18.27 update. Have seen a 35% drop in battery over 17hrs (100% > 65%). The watch is using over 2% per hours and I'm not even active (8hrs sleeping, 8hrs awake but only 1200 steps today so far).

What's going on??! 

• In my experience, the battery consumes correctly during the day, it is at night where I see that the battery drops around 20% in about 7 hours. I have tried to disconnect the Wifi, bluetooth, alarms, but without any result. The only thing left is to reset the clock.

• Called up Garmin. They quickly suggested issuing a replacement device. Downside is the 1wk gap where you're without a watch as expect the faulty device returned to them before a replacement is sent out. They do have the option to put a deposit (£265) to issue the replacement immediately, which is then refunded when the faulty product is sent back. I've gone with the latter. It was otherwise hassle-free and overall nice to speak to a real person who was quick to find a solution - beats the Fitbit call-tree where you're passed around 4 people who all escalate the issue only to tell you there's nothing they can do!

Will post an update when the replacement arrives, but I'd suggest contacting Garmin if you're still within the warranty period. I've only had the FR265 since Aug last yr

• Call Garmin and they should issue a replacement. They did it without hesitation when I brought up the issue. I'm seeing 50% battery depletion per day now. It's creeping up as the day goes on. It was about 30%/day 2 days ago, now it's 49%/day. Already at 62% and I took it off the charger just 18hrs ago starting at 100%.

Definitely some kind of bug, either triggered by the firmware update, or maybe something that's severely degraded off the back of the update on the hardware front (less likely, but I know nothing about the Garmin hardware so who knows!) 

• I will try to do a hard reset on the watch and if it doesn't solve it I will contact the technical service. But it seems to me that it is a software failure, since it only drains while I sleep. When I'm awake, during the course of the day it only uses 3-5% of the battery at all hours of the day.

• I will try to do a hard reset on the watch and if it doesn't solve it I will contact the technical service. But it seems to me that it is a software failure, since it only drains while I sleep. When I'm awake, during the course of the day it only uses 3-5% of the battery at all hours of the day.