Forerunner 265 battery drain

Anyone else seeing a huge drain in battery? I got 3 days of battery life with normal usage. 3 HIIT workouts and one run. I charged it last night and I’m already at 85%. Downloaded the new beta and it’s still giving me issues. Anyone else?

• Since I installed fw 18.22 (NOT beta) the battery discharges faster than normal. Around 30% per day and even more on days with sports sessions with GPS and music. This did not happen with the previous fw.

• I did a hard reset after installing 18.22 and recharging the watch to a 100% and somehow the watch is working a bit better, I think its always better to do a hard reset after any official update...your data is already stored in garmin connect so it will be recovered...some old data might be lost...but lets be practical its better to have a working watch that a buggy with old data...

• Battery drain depends on a lot of things,

Is your always on display On or Off

Is your mobile connected to the watch continuously

Check if bluetooth, wifi and sensor discovery are off

Pulse Ox should always be On Demand

Screen Timeout should not be more than 8 seconds

Display Brightness set to lowest

Use gesture mode or buttons

turn off key tones and key vibe

if the above are checked and ur still having issues, better hard reset the watch and if the issue persists even then, get ur watch replaced or returned.

• I guess, you were right, there is a battery drain issue...I just lost 10% battery in a matter of 3 hours on 18.22...weird...never happened before...

• I have also noticed higher than normal battery drain overall too. I use the Battery Widget with automatic charge detection and noticed that pre beta the average hourly drain went from 0.300% overnight to 0.725% when I woke up this morning on 18.22.

The only settings I have changed is to reduce the display brightness to the minimum setting, which should have a beneficial impact on battery life if anything but doesn't make a difference when the watch is in sleep mode.

Does anyone have any idea what could increase consumption overnight? I'm confused...

Just updated to 18.23 - based on the changelog from 18.22 to 18.23 it doesn't look like this will impact battery consumption but lets see.

• Updating to 18.23 did not make a difference as predicted.

However I followed the Unprompted Reset instructions on the Garmin website, more than just a simple hard reset https://support.garmin.com/en-MY/?faq=wxPmdnWsev1xGRUf58oDC8 

The website states "This reset will clear all settings, user profile, records, activity history, Connect IQ content, and other data" and yet only the watch settings were lost (had to re-pair with Connect like you would a new watch) and the Battery widget was deleted, but all other information, records, etc remained. 

A few hours in the hourly consumption is 0.246%. I know it is too early to confirm that this has solved all issues in terms of battery drain but so far so good!

• Tonight I installed 18.23 and actually seems to have solved this trouble of bactery drain after the update to 18.23