This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Crashs in Activity menu - sleep mode activates randomly

Hi everyone,

I'm using a Forerunner 265 for a week now. Yesterday the watch crashed two times while changing some settings in the activity menu.

Then last night sleep tracking did not work, it says "no data". Body battery is stuck at 5% since then.

Also this morning sleep mode did not deactivate automatically. So I deactivated it manually.

Few hours later it randomly activated sleep mode again...?

Only thing I tried so far, is restarting the watch and reconnecting it to the Garmin Connect App.

Is there something else I can do?

Best wishes and thanks a lot!

Jaytie

May I have permission to reach out via email, and view your Connect account if necessary? I'd like to get more detail regarding the crashes. 

Regarding sleep tracking- do you have a sleep schedule with different sleep/wake times for certain days? Please see my latest comment on this thread to make sure that your sleep schedule is set correctly: Wrong day in sleep schedules

These FAQ's will be helpful as well, if you're still not seeing sleep data or a body battery change:

My Sleep Statistics Are Not Displaying in Garmin Connect

Body Battery Frequently Asked Questions

• >The schedule is listed by wake day, so selecting Friday and adjusting the schedule would mean the sleep time you set would go into effect Thursday night. 

Can make it less confusing ?

Selecting Friday like 22:00 to 08:00 -> I thought the watch should expect user to sleep on that particular window ?

• I noted the confusion in my report. For now, you will need to set your PM times ahead by one day. The 22:00 time will technically need to be set within Saturday's window (Friday night going into Saturday). 

• There are people who work shifts and sleep in the day.

They set 09:00 to 17:00 as their sleep.

The sleep will not trigger on that day.

• Hi Sierra,

please excuse my late response on this and thank you for your answer.

Since I kept getting random restarts of the watch, when navigating and changing settings in the activity menues I decided to return the watch, since it was brand new and I was still inside the return window. I did not want to risk a defect, since I did not read of other people, that have the same "bug".

That said, I switched to the FR 965, since it fits my needs a little bit better. Let's see how that goes :)

At least after another restart of the 265, sleeptracking and sleep schedules worked again.

My schedules were selected correctly.