Cannot Edit Data Field in Activities' Data Screen on Android

Hi, I have my 255 for 1 week now. I use Garmin Connect App on my Samsung S23 Ultra to change settings.  I was able to customize Data Fields, for Activities' Data Screen previously. 

I am on software version 15.19.  I recall some update prompt in past 1 or 2 days. 

Today, I cannot select certain Data Field categories, on Garmin Connect App.  It works on the watch itself.   These affected Data Field categories do show up on the list, but I cannot click on them.  The other categories are fine.  The affected Data Field categories are:

• Distance, Pace, Speed, Cadence, Elevation, Compass. 

I tried to edit both existing Data Screens and also add new Data Screens.  Same issue.

Can you check if you are able to change Data Fields to Distance, on Garmin Connect app on smartphone.  I wonder if it is just my unit, or some issue with software update. 

And how can I contact Garmin for support?  Does Garmin monitor this forum?

• Follow-up.

Yesterday, after I realized the issue, I modified some data screens and data fields on 255 watch itself.  I also powered off and on the device.  And charged it. 

This morning, when I woke up, the battery usage was 30% in 12 hours.  So something was off.

I was debating if I even want to troubleshoot or just return the unit. Because I only had the watch for 1 week.  And I don't want to deal with either HW or SW instability for next 1, 2, or 3 years.  In any case, I decided to go thru the reset steps (from least to worst reset).   I have to erase all data anyway if I'm going to return the watch.

So I did the minimum reset, which is reset to default.  This resolved the data field issue on Garmin Connect app.  And thus far, it also resolved the battery issue from last night.  Since this morning, watched consumed 5% in 9 hours, with 1-hour activity using GPS.

I didn't want to get Fitbit due to past poor experience with HW and SW.  And I switched from Apple Watch to Garmin for longer battery.  Thus far, quite concerned with Garmin reliability and stability.  Hope it is just 1-time fluke.  Going to monitor closely for 2 more weeks before return window is closed.

• Additional follow-up.  In additional to the instance reported above.  I had to reset the watch again. 

Both cases, I noticed the issue when Garmin Connect app cannot select certain data fields.  However, the data fields can be modified on the watch itself.  And when that happens, these additional issues popped up.  One was the battery drain reported above.  Another case was 3rd party watch face data fields stopped working (no display).

It seems that using Garmin Connect app corrupts the software or settings on the watch, causing additional issues.  I had to reset the watch (just the reset to default).  And issues were resolved.

In any case, I had 2 had to do reset on my Forerunner 255 in 3 weeks.  I cannot trust this watch.  I returned 255, and I bought Vivoactive 4 on sale during Amazon Prime Day.  And Vivoactive is a better fit for my needs than 255.  255 has a lot of features, but overkill for me.

• I have this exact same issue with a new FR255 today with latest device (17.26) and Android software.  The Android App will not display Custom Data Screens once they have been created.  It will list them to be deleted but you cannot select them to edit them.  One thing to note is that they are not given a name and this maybe associated with the software being unable to list them.  These datafields can be seen and edited on the watch.  They can also be created on the phone app but after this they can only be deleted on the phone no editing is possible.  Can this be logged as a bug to be resolved.

• In addition the above the non display of the datafield seems to be triggered by selecting the datafield displays with a larger number of individual elements.  If I take a factory default datafield and expand it to 8 elements and save it immediately disappears from the edit selection list so it can no longer be edited from the phone.  Again this could be related to it not being able to generate a name for this datafield with the current algorythm, too long?  Looks like a bug in Android Garmin Connect.