Audio Lap Alerts

Can you change lap alerts to be in advance of the lap versus the prior lap aka in arrears?

Seems silly to annouce a lap that has already finished versus the one you need to start.

How would you know the pace, the time, the HR, etc. 

• I understand what you mean but that can't be done. It would be perfect if the coming target (pace, HR) would be announced before that section/lap starts. But I guess most of the time our workouts are not that complicated and a quick glance over it before the start of training should do the trick.

Disabling the lap alerts might give you the info a few seconds sooner maybe.

• RobNL - but it can be done. The Epix while having an issue with Audible Alerts being pushed to the phone does support this. In fact when you and a Walk/Run interval to the Activity (NOTE this is not a structured workout) the watch communicates both; it announces the new lap and then a few seconds later tells you what you completed. Garmin's code is a mess at the moment. I have a used 245 that functions better at $200 then my brand new Epix at $700. This is the problem that happens when hardware companies try and become software companies without the proper App Dev process flows, QC, and regression testing processes. 

• Interesting, sounds like an easy update then, but most likely one that the FR245 is never going to have,...