Forerunner 245 Music sudden battery drain?

Had my Forerunner since 2022, no problems. I have the parkrun barcode widget and the TrainasOne app installed, both since 2022 also. I don't keep it connected to my phone; I sync it only after activities, so between 4 and 6 times a week.

It discharged totally from about 30% overnight two days ago, having done a bunch of activity tracking fine during the day, and then been connected briefly. I charged it to full yesterday morning, only to find it discharged to 10% by early afternoon. It hadn't been connected in that time. I charged it again in the afternoon, made sure it was running the latest software update, and it has discharged totally overnight again. 

I see some others are suffering similar problems, has there been an update/fix yet?

• UPDATE 12.02.24

With it on charge, I did a device restart and then charged it to full. To my surprise, it has behaved totally normally ever since. 

No data/settings were erased or changed, as far as I can tell. And the battery is functioning just fine. 

*shrug* a mystery, I guess. 

• HI,
    I have a problem very similar to yours.
    Based on what you said, I'm missing a step.
    1. You connected it to the battery charger. 2. You reset by holding down for 15 seconds. Correct ? 3. Did you wait for it to fully charge? Thank you. Vincenzo
  • Hi

Yes, correct as you set out. I put the watch on charge; held down the Light button for 15 secs or so until it powered off; turn on again; leave until fully charged.

It is still being perfectly fine, has done numerous 2-3hr runs with music playing since then, no problems. Hope yours behaves as nicely for you!

• UPDATE 05.03.24

So it didn't last. It started with the battery drain again, and a new device restart didn't change anything. I uninstalled all apps, restored factory settings, nothing changed. Asked to track a run, it went entirely insane and cycled through a number of activities, HR displays, and stopped and started tracking by itself, before discharging in about a minute. 

I'm no longer using it and now that I am back in the UK, am about to send it back to Garmin.

• So it didn't last. It started with the battery drain again, and a new device restart didn't change anything. I uninstalled all apps, restored factory settings, nothing changed. Asked to track a run, it went entirely insane and cycled through a number of activities, HR displays, and stopped and started tracking by itself, before discharging in about a minute. 

I'm no longer using it and now that I am back in the UK, am about to send it back to Garmin.

I'm very sorry about your situation.
    It's currently working well for me although I think my problem is largely linked to the fact that I purchased the product used from a friend who gave it to me and kept it off for two years.
    I am undecided whether to send it for assistance, or to continue in this condition and then when it is definitively dead, change in favor of another product, even if I already have another product. The Garmin Forerunner 55 but I have to say the 245 is much better than the 55