This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 disconnecting from bluetooth

I didn't find any concrete suggestion for this problem.

I had a Forerunner 245 that was disconnecting from time to time from the phone's bluetooth. 

Recently I exchanged the device for a brand new (because of death pixels) and the new device is ALWAYS disconnecting. In order to reconnect I have to open the app Garmin connect. After I close the app, the watch disconnect himself within 2 min.

I don't have any other devices connected at the bluetooth of the phone.

The Garmin connect device settings for the battery savings are set to: "no restrictions".

It is really upsetting as the watch is almost unusable. 

How can I solve this issue?

Phone Xiaomi Mi Lite 11 - Android 11

Garmin Connect v.4.66

Forerunner 245 music v.12.10

• I think I found a solution that at the moment is working.

When I first connected the watch to the phone I did it through garmin connect. In fact the watch seemed to disconnect right after I closed the garmin connect app.

So then I when to the bluetooth setting in the phone, unpaired the watch and paired again using the bluetooth pairing from the phone instead of doing it from the app.

This seems to have solved the issue as it is connected since then.

Edit:

***13 Aug 2023***

with Forerunner 245 music v.13 the above solution doesn't work anymore. After unpairing the watch from the phone Bluetooth settings and pairing again from the phone Bluetooth settings, the watch keep asking to open or install Garmin connect. If Garmin connect is running in the background, the connection is on, if the app is killed or close, the watch loses the connection. 

At least this happen using the watch to control the app Spotify. Settings are correct: music provider > control the watch

It's a shame and really frustrating.