This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 Fails with PacePro + Music on Competition Day

My Garmin Forerunner 245 (Latest Software Version 11.60) failed yesterday, sunday 19th of February just when clicking the 'start' button right when crossing the starting line of my Half Marathon in Barcelona - very disappointing.

I had a PacePro strategy loaded in my activity and was listening to Music via AirPods.

The screen simply 'freezed' with the big green 'play' logo for around 3k, then eventually came back for a few seconds and appeared to be catching up with the distances etc. but all it was doing is 'straight lines' from the last point it recorded. I think this happened 5-6 times during the 21.1k and unfortunately the recorded end result was very disappointing and confirmed the bad news. 

The only awkward thing (and maybe slightly positive) is that the music did not fail and kept playing for the whole race, although I obviously couldn't control anything (volume, tracks, etc) due to the screen freeze.

I've had a quick look only and it looks like I am not the only one experiencing this problem - Garmin, isn't it about time to start looking at this issue to get it fixed? It is very difficult to express level of frustration when something like this happens on competition day, after months of hard training for such day... PLEASE DO SOMETHING before we are forced into moving to other brands... Thanks!

connect.garmin.com/.../10540491401