This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated Bluetooth pairing request pops up from unused ForeRunner 245M after having removed it from IOS Bluetooth devices and Garmin Connect Mobile IOS

This is a cross-post from the GCM IOS forum:

I have an issue with a ForeRunner 245M that I no longer use myself and my iPhone/Garmin Connect App.

I've upgraded to a Fenix 7X and have passed on the ForeRunner 245M to my son.

What I've done is unpaired the FR245M from my iPhone 12 Pro from the iOS Bluetooth settings. I have also removed the ForeRunner 245M device from my Garmin Connect Mobile app on my iPhone.
The Fenix 7X has been paired to my iPhone and added to the Garmin Connect Mobile app.

The ForeRunner 245M has been paired to my son's iPhone 7 Plus and added to his Garmin Connect Mobile app on his phone as well.

The issue I have is that when the FR245M is in range of my iPhone 12 Pro, and I have the Garmin Connect Mobile app open, a Bluetooth pairing request pops up from the FR245M, prompting to enter the code displayed on the watch, into the phone. This behavious doesn't happen when I do NOT have the Garmin Connect Mobile app open on my iPhone 12 Pro.

When the Bluetooth pairing prompt appears, I check the Bluetooth devices list in the iOS Bluetooth settings and briefly, the "ForeRunner 245 Music" device appears in that list, but it does not have the litte blue "i"-within-a-circle icon to the right of the entry that allows one to open a sub-menu to allow one to "Forget" the bluetooth device.

Through all this, my new Fenix 7X remains connected to my iPhone, as expected, it being the device most recently paired (over Bluetooth) and added to the Garmin Connect Mobile app.

How do I stop the FR245M from repeatedly trying to re-pair to my iPhone 12Pro? (note that the FR245M is successfully paired to my son's iPhone 7 Plus already)

• It was suggested to check the devices listed in Garmin Connect app, Garmin Connect Web, Garmin Express, and also other Garmin apps, such as Garmin Connect IQ, Garmin Explore, Garmin Golf, Garmin Dive, and verify that the old device was removed from all of them.

I confirmed that the FR245M was definitely removed from Garmin Express as well as Garmin Connect Web. I had no other Garmin IOS apps except for the Connect IQ one.

I did miss removing the device from the Connect IQ IOS app but there's no specific function to remove a device from there, so I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

The pairing prompts from the FR245M now appear to have stopped since doing that.

It seems there's some sort of bluetooth device cache that's possibly shared across the Garmin IOS apps that's only cleared of a particular device when **all** the apps that listed/managed the device have had that device removed.

• I have exactly the same problem as you!

I disconnected my F245M from my iphone, from my garmin accounts, Garmin connect, Gamin IQ etc..
    I reset the watch and then paired it to another user account on an android phone.

The watch systematically seeks to connect first to my iPhone as soon as I open the Connect application.

It actually looks like a Bluetooth cache on the watch that hasn't been emptied.

It's really annoying and I haven't found a solution.