This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does Forerunner 245 track HRV?

Found this study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9412437/ where was compared data accuracy of Forerunner 245 with other devices.

I can't understand how they get HRV data from Garmin's app from Forerunner 245?

The Garmin app was also used to extract measures of heart rate and heart rate variability for a 3-min period as close as practicable to the start of each sleep period, i.e., ~30–60 min prior to lights out.

• I can't understand how they get HRV data from Garmin's app from Forerunner 245?

I had a FR 245 for two years (switched now to FR 255). It is true, that there is no HRV report on the watch or in the Connect app. So at first, it also confused me, that they could extract HRV data for the study.

Ok, here is my hypothesis:

Have a look at the settings on your watch, „system“, „data recording“ - there should be a setting for „record HRV“, which is „off“ by default. (I saw this on the FR 255, but as far as I remember, it was also present on the FR 245).
    So the watch can record HRV technically into the .fit files of your daily HR.
    I suppose, that if you activate that, still you won‘t see a report or statistics in Garmin Connect (speculation, I never activated it).
    But of course you can download the .fit files from connect and analyze them „manually“, if you want to make a study.