This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Downgrade to version 10.4

Hello Garmin,

Can you provide me firmware version 10.4? I'm afraid all versions after that one are causing a battery drain. My watch is losing 80% in 48hrs without any activity, without pulse ox, it is horrible. And yes, factory reset etc. is all done.

thanks in advance

• This is a user forum so you are unlikely to get an answer from Garmin . Contact support via Chat or Telephone . That is the best way.

Based on my knowledge of the device FW on my device it is not possible to revert back to an earlier version even if one has the FW dump. Maybe another user has a different experience than I do with that.

Are you using IOS? Are you paired to a phone. Some of the recent FW versions seem to have issues with that. I deleted the app and "forgot" the watch in BT settings  and then reinstalled the app and did a fresh pair to the watch. 

• If you download 11.3 beta, there's a 10.4 image inside it so you can downgrade: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14935

But, believe me, the new versions are not causing any battery drain.

• Thanks! Let me give it a try anyway. I'm on 11.6 and losing 40% a day. Tried everything to get it solved, factory reset, unpair, remove all widgets and watchfaces etc. It simply doesn't work out.

• I did contact Garmin support. The reply was a standard message about factory reset and so on, not very useful.

• For those who are interested...To try to solve the horrible battery life I first updated to the newest Beta, 11.68. This didn't work. Battery life was still horrible. Then I downgraded back to 10.4, this also didn't work I still have the horrible battery life. I have no clue with it can be. But for sure it is completely crap that such watch cannot last for even three years. It is disappointing and not the quality level which I had experienced with Garmin with previous devices.

Adieu. Up to the next.

• Short update:

Finally I bought a replacement watch from garmin. I have this one for a couple of weeks now and the battery life is quite ok. However from time to time I see huge drops in battery percentage, like 20% over a night. But after that a very slow consumption. It could stay at the same percentage for a while.

So yes, it looks like a bug/software issue in the battery calibration.

I hope they admit and resolve it asap. It might affect a lot of users

• I am having the same issue now. Just bought a factory refurbished watch and it drains to 0 in less than 12 hours with all sensors turned off. Firmware is 12.1

• To my knowledge Garmin in their infinite wisdom will only allow reverting back to an older firmware version if the current version being tried is a beta firmware, and then you can't choose what version to downgrade to, it would only revert back to what was in use at the time the beta software was installed.

I beat that topic pretty hard a year and a half back after an automatic software update killed the accuracy of the optical sensor on my week old watch. Since it was new, I took it back and got a replacement.  I did let the "new" watch update to 11.6 a little before the warranty expired and fortunately did not see any problems, though I don't use every feature on the watch.