This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Freeze during Navigation

I experience from time to time during hiking with navigation (FR245) that the screen freezes and doesn't react anymore.

When I then restart the watch navigation continues and remaining distance is decreasing during walking (as expected) but the distance field is not accumulating anymore (in fact it's frozen). Upload to Strava shows the frozen distance value. I tried following:

- pausing and continuing activity doesn't help and shows same result (distance keeps frozen)

- stopping activity and start new activity doesn't help and shows same result (distance keeps frozen)

Only solution: Stop activity and then restart watch and start new activity.

In other words, I have to perform two restarts before the watch is working normally again. This bug is very annoying - is there any solution on this?

My watch runs 10.40 (newer version was not yet offered)

• Update on this topic: Generally the issue is also present with SW 11.60

As a last try I switched off Auto-Scroll for my hiking activity and during my last two hikes (that were even longer ones) I didn't experience the issue. 

Maybe this is the workaround (of course still to be monitored during further hikes) but it shows that the root cause must be something Garmin SW internal (resource/runtime issue?)