This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using a HRM Pro with a FR245 out of range (Garmin seem impossible to contact!)

I'll start by saying I have spent hours on the internet trying to find an answer for this specific use case and have not been able to find a concrete answer specific to the FR245, every review I've read mentions "your garmin watch" or "the watch" without specifying any limit for the watches tier within the Garmin ecosystem. To add further confusion the FR245 is listed as a compatible device on the Garmin HRM Pro Product page but doesn't state how far that compatibility stretches (whether beyond a simple HR monitor or with the ability to store HR Data out of range of the watch etc) 

SO to begin with what I have at my disposal: I have a Forerunner 245 and also Garmin Connect on my phone. I would like to purchase the HRM Pro for use in soccer when I can't wear my watch. I have heard mixed reports about the FR245's ability to take stored data from the HRM Pro so here lies my confusion and question: Can I start a cardio activity on my FR245, use the strap out of range of the watch, then finish the activity and have the HR data logged against the timed cardio activity either via my FR245 OR Garmin Connect (I don't mind which method it uses as long as the goal of recording HR Data and Training Load against that timed activity is achieved)

Thank you to anyone who can clear this up for me Slight smile