This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin forerunner 245 gps does not match the map

I have a Garmin Forerunner 245 which I use for running and activity tracking. Purchased at the end of May 2022. It worked ok (within the usual tolerance) up until mid August. Since then, when running, the GPS recorded does not match the map. At worst it is completely offset, at best, part of the run is offset. I have used my Garmin forerunner 230 at the same time, on the same run without any problem. I have tried all the Garmin recommendations to improve GPS accuracy without success. I have done a factory reset and update to the latest 11.10 watch software. I run most days a minimum of 5-10 km a day. I suspect the problem might have occurred after a previous software upgrade, but cannot be sure. It may be a fault with the watch.

• Garmin forerunner 245 running watch update. Following on after my last post and still not achieving a decent GPS map, I decided to try syncing through Garmin Express (Before I have always synced through Garmin Connect Mobile app). I can think why, but after doing so all my GPS maps match my actual route. The problem has been solved.