This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

245 HRM over-reading periodically & zones getting messed up

I have two issues with the HRM on my Forerunner 245 that are bugging me and might be related to one another. Hoping for a solution.

Occasionally (2-4 times/month) I'll get HR readings of 190-220 for portions of my run when I'm sure it can't really be higher than 155-165. I'm also sure it's not cadence lock. The HR tends to spike up and stay there for 1-3 miles and then go back to normal. The band tightness is pretty consistent on all my runs, and I've tried the usual remedies such as turning the 245 off/on, cleaning the HR lens, etc. without success. Any solutions? Fwiw, I've only noticed it on running, never on cycling.

Possibly related: sometimes after a workout I'll notice that the HR zones on Garmin Connect are all messed up, with Zone 5 starting in the 190s. I have set the min and max HR based on my own testing and would like to keep them there. I know I can reset the min/max and zones in GC manually, but is there a way to tell GC not to automatically update the zones, which it appears to be doing based on the occasional erroneous readings? 

Thanks.