This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

External heart rate monitor disconnected at the start of a step in a custom run workout

Hello everyone, 

I use a dual ANT+ / Bluetooth chest trap from Decathon to measure HR during running on a rather new Forerunner 245. The connection is good. As during the run, the optical sensor light is still lit, I turn off the optical sensor (no more green light) to be sure that the displayed HR is from the external heart rate. (I really hope that there is an indicator during a run which say that the external heart rate is being used).

By that, I discovered that the external heart rate monitor is disconnected frequently at the start of a new step in a workout, for example at the start of a recovery phase after an hard interval. The disconnection lasts up to 10 seconds (no HR displayed) before reconnection. It do not happen systematically at the start of each step but enough to encounter several times during a run. And it bothers me, as it happends during the window where HR changes the most and it can be annoying during short intervals session.

The problem must be from the watch as the HR monitor works well on my phone.

Anyone has the same problem? Did Garmin acknowledge this problem and are they trying to fix this ?

Thank you,