This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR245 Music battery drained overnight

My fr245 was charged over 90% last night but I woke up to a dead watch this morning. Charged it again to a 100% and it’s losing battery at an alarming rate, 11% lost in less than an hour. I bought the watch in May 2020. Please suggest what I could do to resolve this. 

thanks!

• I'm getting this problem too and fed up with it. Have no watch faces installed, properly charging it etc and even been through Garmin support regarding it. To be honest it happened with the 235 I owned before this so seems to be an issue with their watches for some people. Will likely be going with another brand in future sadly and I've owned Garmin watches for years.

• Like you I've owned the watch for about the same time. Will charge it like I have done a couple of hours ago and without any actual use its lost nearly 25% battery. Software up to date too.

• I got an update from the garmin support team today to log into garmin express and update software. Haven’t found the time to do it yet but hopeful that resolves this issue. 

• It's the same thing for me. i went to bed with approximately 40% battery.. and it was flat in around 6 hours. Not to mention I full charged it a day earlier. I have this watch since August 2020. Never seen this issue before, usually the battery would last me a good 3 days before I need to charge it. This is not good.

• I have the same problem. Watch goes down from 79% to 0% over night. BUT: When I wear it on the arm (in the night) then battery goes down normal (means about -7% per night). By the way: The watch is updated 2 days ago. 

• The rate at which it had been draining has partly improved after the last update. It’s lasting almost a couple days now, whereas it lasted me over 6 days (without activity). 

• I did a restart and it seems to have resolved the issue of a battery drain that is a little under 24 hours. Perhaps you can try that too?

• The beta 8.02 didn’t do any good in terms of battery. I have the feeling that the battery drains even faster since the last beta.

Hopefully they find a solution because now I have to charge the watch every two days.