This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When will Forerunner 245 APAC firmware get updated?

The FR 245's current APAC firmware is Release 5.7 according to the sync with Garmin Express app on Windows.  When will it get updated?

• Yes, I have same problem too. It is very frustrating to get such support.

• This is sickening and sad.

My watch that was bought on Amazon USA is still on firmware 5.70

• Garmin least bothered about APAC customers... if you are lucky enough, you will get updates as quick as 12 weeks ;)

Really frustrating... I wish Garmin comes out of entitlement mode and listen to APAC customers .. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to MadhuBabu

Feels like APAC user has been abandoned

• Yeah, same with my situation. Not feel good. Look like Garmin doesn't care about APAC customers.

• This is totally puzzling, like its the same watch.

• There's a latest update yesterday. It's version 7.20. I updated already. Check here.

Latest Version 2021-07-20。

Version : 7.20 New!

1. - Improve the software update process for external accessories. Installation prompts will now appear after an activity to avoid interrupting activity start.
    2. - Added support for displaying metrics from an indoor rowing machine that supports the ANT FE-C profile (e.g. Concept 2 with the PM5 module). This includes new fields for the Indoor Rowing app: Distance, Pace, and Stroke Distance.
    3. - Added descriptive workout step audio prompts.
    4. - Improvements to heart rate broadcast.
    5. - Add more smartphone app logos for smart notifications.
    6. - Block music controls and disconnect headphones in airplane mode.
    7. - Fix dropout issues on Jaybird Vista headphones.
    8. - Fix a rare issue that could cause heart rate data to appear flat in Garmin Connect.
    9. - Fix an issue that could prevent LiveTrack from starting when Auto Start is enabled.
    10. - Fix an issue with workout alerts when the background color is set to black.
    11. - Fix an issue sometimes causing distance remaining to not display the hundredths digit.
    12. - Added Daily Suggested Workouts (limited) for Run activities. Go to Training > Workouts > Today's Suggestion for options.
    13. - Added the ability to rate the perceived effort and feel of a Run, Bike, or Swim activity. The prompts appear during activity save. Go to [Activity] Settings > Self Evaluation for options.
    14. - Added VO2 Max for Trail Run activities.
    15. - Improved results for daily Body Battery calculations.
    16. - Updated Intensity Minutes determinations to align with guidance from CDC.
    17. - Updated workout audio prompts for hundredths distance precision.( Only for FR245 Music)
    18. - Improved feedback on stress level readings.
    19. - Improvements to swimming activities.
    20. - Fixed some metronome interference with wrist-based cadence.
    21. - Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
  • Aahh.. finally Garmin remember us :)

• Finally received! Thank you!!! Please keep up the rolling faster to APAC users. We deserve equal treatment!

• You spoke for all.  Thanks