This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Indication of external HR sensor

Hi, not sure if this is answered somewhere in the documentation, but I couldn't find it.

I have a chest strap HR monitor (MyZone MZ-3) and was able to pair it with the watch. It seems to work, since I can see HR readings even if I disable the HR sensor on the watch.

My question – is there a way to see when the connection with the external sensor is established/lost?

Is there some icon on the default or third party watch face, to indicate external sensor? There is only the “phone” icon when the watch is connected to the phone with Bluetooth.

I am asking because usually I have the watch HR monitor enabled, and I wish to use the chest strap only on long activities for more accuracy. But there is no way for me to see which HR sensor is used at the moment.

Thanks.

• Hi, 

There isn't a specific icon for that. 

I use following workaround: 

When external HR is connected, green lights at back of watch are off.  Sometimes I quickly peak between my wrist and the back of my watch. 

However my experience is that watch gives prio to external HR when external HR is nearby and on.  So I feel more confident that connection is on. 

Hope this helps.

Kr

• Thanks @Fer, this works for me too. I am happy with your solution :).

• As mentioned, once you start the activity, there is a beep that says Ext. HR Connected. Once that goes away after 2 secs the only way to confirm is to peek under the watch. There is also no indication of HR source in the activity either which is unfortunate