This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can Garmin FR245 record daily HRV and a total daily strain?

For the past year I've worn a Whoop Strap, and while I like the simple focus on Recovery (HRV), Strain, and Sleep, I decided not to renew my subscription because of cost, accuracy, and not having a screen to see HR while exercising.

Since having COVID a year ago I've struggled with fatigue. I still wanted a way to monitor HRV, strain, and sleep, and the Garmin FR245 seemed like the best overall package. Particularly with body battery monitoring HRV all day.

Can the FR245 give you;

1. a daily HRV reading? Ideally taken automatically upon waking.

2. a daily TOTAL strain score for the day? Moving house or a busy days gardening can be more work than a easy run. Does it only track strain when you start and log a specific activity or does it automatically track? Is this the Stress score? and is it logged daily?

3. a daily sleep score? I know the most recent update saw this come to the 745 and 945, but doesn't look like this is coming to the 245?

4. and can you view this daily readings over weeks or months?

The reason why I'm interested in longer term tracking rather than individual activities is because I found it a really useful to see longer term overall improvements and dips. If your daily HRV is on average slowly trending up and the amount of strain / activity is also trending up I can see I'm getting fitter and able to do more.

If this isn't done natively on the watch or Connect app, is there a way to do this with adding widgets / apps from the Connect IQ store?

I know daily HRV readings can be done with a FR245 and a different app like Elite HRV, but you have to manually take that reading and it would be good if it was all in one ecosystem.