This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Update 7.2 VO2 Max problems

Garmin 245 watch was updated this past Thursday to 7.2.  Since, the VO2 Max states I need to run 10 min outdoors with HR to get VO2 Max and the Trainins Status states I am in Recovery mode - this is after I ran 2 1/2 trail marathons.  It's like it is not recognizing that I am running.  And then this morning when I went for a recovery walk, my pace was not working.  Any suggestions?  I plan on calling customer support Monday.  Thanks

• Same here, training status does not recognize that I am running or walking. 

• If you use the trail running activity you’ll have to turn on Trail Running VO2max in the activity settings. It’s off by default.

It’s a recent addition, earlier you didn’t even have the option to get VO2max at all from trail running. 

• Thanks but I was not using trail running activity because I did not know this update would allow V02 max with trail running thus I use Run to record VO2 max.  But thanks!

• odd, I just looked at Trail Running Activity and the “record VO2 Max” is listed and is on but the Run activity does not even have the option of “record VO2 max”. Maybe because Run Activity was already programmed to record VO2max.  Who knows!

• That’s correct, there was no VO2max for trail running because the measurement doesn’t really take hills and other altitude changes into account. Now you can use it but they gave you the option to turn it off since the data isn’t reliable.

• Version 7.2 here too. VO2 max problems as well. Doesn't show training status or change to fitness level. Seems to record VO2 for trail runs though. Pace is bugged on trail run now though. Shows often just "--". 

Also, I haven't used the alarm function earlier but I've tried it two mornings now and it doesn't work. I've set it to vibrate only in the morning, but nothing happens. Not sure if if this would have worked on previous firmware version.

• One more thing. Body battery isn't showing on Garmin Connect app (My Day view). On the device, it keeps saying "Measuring / Keep still / Poor HR signal"

• I'm having the same issue. 20 minute run with intervals, no updated VO2 or training info. Just recovery time. 

• Did you guys try a restart ? Updates seem to need one