This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No HR stats since 22. Jan.

Not sure if there was a software update 22 January but there are no HR stats on app (rest for instance) after this. Anyone else?

• Hi Tron, just need a little more information to know what to advise. 

Does the watch show heart rate if you go to the heart rate widget on the watch?

Is the watch recording steps, or body battery?

• Hi!

The watch does show current HR on watch. It also shows it on the Connect app on iPhone, but both "Resting" and "High" logging are not working, they are just two dashes (--).

On the Connect app, if I click on the Heart Rate widget, I can choose to view history details (1d, 7d, 4w, 1y) but these are all empty both for resting and high HR, just two dashes (--). 22 January is the last time when it has showed High and Resting HR. It still does, if i scroll back to that date.

The watch is recording steps and body battery. I believe the Body battery behaviour has changed lately. It feels more like a randomised number and doesn't get affected always whether I sleep much or train a lot.

On a sidenote, Training Status on the watch has always just showed "No Status" , Fitness shows two dashes (--) and Load shows an arrow up. Not sure if these are related, but if I've always felt some of the watch functions aren't really working like they should. 

I've always kept the software on the watch and Garming Express (Windows) up-to-date.

EDIT: I also tried uninstalling and re-installing the Connect app on iPhone, but it didn't make any difference.

• Try plugging the watch into a windows computer, then accessing File Explorer. Once you do that, access the Garmin Drive, which should store a folder that says Garmin. Open that folder, then try deleting a folder labeled Monitor. After deleting the Monitor folder, sync with Garmin Express, then see if we're getting heart rate.

• Nope, still the same. Actually it was 22 February the last time it shows the stats, not 22 January. Here's a picture of this week:

And in the picture below, you can see 22 Febuary being the last time it works

• Hello,

My Forerunner 245 is also experiencing problems with measuring and recording heart rate (HR) data.

When at rest and not during a recorded activity, the watch will measure HR but will stop measuring it, seemingly at random. I.e., sitting down with my arm still it will measure HR and then a while later there will be no reading. If I take the watch off the sensors are not flashing. If I place a finger on the sensors to make them start to flash and place the watch back on my wrist it then measures HR again up to a point at which it stops measuring. I have noticed this behaviour since the beginning of March. 

When the watch is turned on should the green lights for the HR sensors start flashing?

When recording an activity, run or indoor bike (turbo session), the watch sometimes measures and records HR data and sometimes not. Looking back at my activity history this issue started on 6 Dec 2020 (indoor bike) and 28 Feb (run). For the indoor bike large parts of an activity have no HR data or no HR data is measured and recorded, with this happening more frequently since 6 Feb. For a run the initial few minutes have no HR data (this has occurred for two runs).

Also since 21 Mar, when broadcasting HR to my bike computer during a road ride, the HR has been measured but from at a point after the ride was started (~15 mins into a ride). The most recent ride experienced this with the average magnitude of the HR value slowly decaying during the ride.

I appreciate that the fitting of the watch is critical for measuring HR but I wonder if the watch HR sensor is faulty or there is bug in the software?

All other functions of the watch appear to be working.

The watch was first used for an activity on 11 Oct 2020 to broadcast HR data to my bike computer during a road ride. The watch has software version 6.20 (7ae543d). I have reset the watch but the above HR problem still persists. 

Many thanks.

Cheers,

David

• I think I got it working now. What I did was, I disabled HR completely on the FR245, powered it off, waited for a while, powered it on again and finally turned on the HR tracking again. It seems to be recording HR on Garmin Connect again.

Note that the green OHRM light had been blinking all the time and it always showed the current HR (and recorded it for activities) but it didn't log high/rest HR or visualise daily graph etc.

I'm not sure if this all started when I disabled "Move IQ" functionality or not. It may or may not be related to that. 

• Thanks for the information, tron.

I have followed your suggestion to turn off HR and the device, and then turn both back on and this has helped. HR is still not measured on occasion when resting (the display has "---") but a run and three road bike rides have recorded HR.

When at rest and when the HR display reads "---" I have turned off HR and then turned HR back on and this has resulted in HR being measured.