This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

245 Music 6.20 Update Draining Battery

After updating my 245 Music to 6.20 the battery is draining like crazy.  I've never downloaded any app, watch faces, etc.  And I've tried googling to see try and find a solution.  I see I'm not the only person with this issue but I haven't found a resolution to this issue.  Does anyone know how to stop the battery draining so fast with the new update?

• I have the same problem here, is not "like crazy" here but the drain is visible.

• Non music version of 245 but I've been noticing significant battery drain in last few weeks too from recent updates. Even today, from the watch being charged to 100% only about 2 hours ago it's now at 84% and still decreasing. Watch hasn't been used in that time since full charge, there are no added watch faces and it's not connected to any hr chest strap etc (GPS even turned off). The watch was bought about a year ago. Have had occasional low battery warnings too recently even when the watch had shown a high charge level only a short time before. Not great!.

• 245 Music. upgraded to 6.2 . Lasts a week on full charge with watch usage only.

• Hello,

Make no mistake, models 245 and 745 if you use a non-garmin watchface, receiving a lot of notification and using GPS for 1 hour. It will last a maximum of 3 days. As the loading is fast I have always loaded two and two days.

• Same problem here, it is noticeable. 

• Same here. Fast battery drain :((

• 245 music version. Had the same issue - battery draining in less than 2 days compared to at least 5~7 days prior - so I turned off 24-hr HRM and activity/sleep tracking and the problem was solved. Bit annoying of course because I was previously able to use these functions along with daily run and weights and only have 10% battery decline per day. BTW: I also don't use wifi, don't have any extra apps installed, don't use 24-hr pulse Ox, and use a non-moving watch face (although all of this was the case before the update as well). I might try turning back on 24-hr HRM and activity tracking separately to see which was the cause 

• non music 245 on 6.20

pulse ox,  gps,  sleep monitor, activity monitor and 24hr heart rate tracking all on.

full charge 11am, 5th April. currently shows 75% (15:41, 8th april) 

I don't have any 3rd party apps or watch faces though ....

• Alas after this stopping early on after the 6.20 update, I'm afraid today the battery drain fiasco has returned.  I seem to be losing 33% a day and that's a far cry from the battery life I used to experience.