This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to pair FR 245 music with a PM5 concept 2 rower ?

Since FW 6.20 we can get some datas directly from concept 2 rower, but I cannot pair my FR 245 with a PM5 concept2 rower.

However, I have selected ANT+FE-C on the PM5 connexion screen, and then I searched for sensors on the watch but the watch did not find the rower as sensor.

I don't know where the mistake is ?

(Concept 2 rower FW is 169.)

• Here is a picture of the problem: As you can see, FR 245 music tell me in french "aucun capteur détecté, réessayer..."   so no sensor found in english ( and try again....), while the PM5 connexion is set on ANT+FE-C.

Has anyone been able to pair FR 245 music FW 6.2 with a PM5 concept2 rower ?

• Try with the other ANT+ settings on the rower since FE-C is for controlling the rower with external device/software over ANT+ and that feature I don't believe is supported with the FR245

• I also tried connecting to a PM5 at my gym using the various methods the PM5 offers including the bluetooth, but the watch does not find any sensors. I assumed it was due to older firmware, but seems like your have the latest firmware. Strangely, broadcasting my HR to the PM5  works every single time. Also tried Googling, but no tutorials are available for this particular feature, even though it's been available on the Fenix 6 for a while now.

• https://www.c2forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=193519&p=516435&hilit=fenix#p516435

Found this on the C2 Forums. Seems like the feature might be broken on the FR245M?

• Hi, 

Thank you for your answers ! This is what I have tried to do:

I have tried with ANT+FE- C and ANT+FE   selected on the rower, and on the watch I have tried to find a new sensor ( the rower) but without any success.  The new fields for the row activity are on the watch (pace and distance for exemple), but I cannot pair my FR 245 music and the concept PM5 rower....

• No problem. I have tried the same. I also added the new fields just in case, but they show no data.

Also, I have successfully paired my watch to ant+ speed and cadence on my bike, so it cannot be hardware fault on the watch. I also broadcast hr to the Concept 2 just fine, so it cannot be hardware fault on the rower.

Would be nice if Garmin came out with a guide, or let us know if this is a known problem at present. The FR245 does lack power support according to the release notes, when compared to the FR945 and F6. Maybe they broke the whole feature when they removed power support?

• I just tried this today and ended up on this thread. It appears to be completely broken. We don’t have a trainer option like they do on the Fenix devices and I can’t get this to pair at all with my 245M. 

would be nice to get someone from garmin to acknowledge this

• Nice catch. Let's hope the fix for this does not take as long as the fix for offline sleep tracking is taking.

• Still no answer from garmin ? 

Not the same subject but here is a picture of my HRM run belt after 8 months of use.....:

I do not believe this is normal.....So I have a coros pace 2 in mind for my next watch.

• not a peep. not even a note saying "yes, its broken, we will fix in next release" 

Doesn't take much effort to at least just acknowledge the problem