This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto stop after workout complete

Is it possible to update the software to allow a user to choose between auto stop after completing a workout or letting the timer run? It’s a poor feature for people who want a perfectly clean time or distance.

• Should be easy. Alternatively why doesn't the timer stop when the workout has ended? That would seem the logical operation.

• Personally, I don't want the timer to stop when a workout has ended.  Most of my workouts are on the road and I don't always end my run when the workout is finished.  I like that the run is tracked until I choose to end it.  If one forgets to stop the timer at the end of the workout, it can easily be cropped in GC after the fact.  

• Then the workout is not complete. Adding one more step in the workout to allow for the extra running is easy and all automated. It's not possible to end a workout using the current step options.

So what you require is possible what I and others would like is not. Slight smile

• You can't edit a Garmin Coach workout for example.  So yes, you can complete a workout as programmed or provided, but still not complete your run.  I often end my workout up to a mile away from my house.  I prefer that I track the portion after the completion of the workout to when I finish running at my driveway.  Obviously others don't.  This request/argument has been made several times across Garmin's watch family.  Some want an auto-stop, some don't.  Maybe an option for the user to decide would be best.

• I take your point and I do agree. A user option is always the best answer and it must be possible with a minor change to the software. Relaxed

• I do also agree, I'd personnaly prefer not to auto-stop (or make it an option to make everybody happy). Moreover, the current behaviour is somehow inconsistent : a Garmin Coach workout will auto-stop while a suggested workout won't. 

• I would also like to have the option for the training to end automatically, it doesn't make sense to set up a training with a defined duration and the training ends and continue counting. On the garmin 235 it was the default behavior, I don't know why they changed. It's what I miss most about the garmin 245.

• Please make this happen Garmin.

• It was standard in the first series of Garmin. Don't know why they have removed it. At least they could have made it a user option. Many of my runs i participate in time trials where it is important to have a clean run and it just annoys me to see that my 5K race is 5020.