This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Software Version 5.50 - Forerunner 245 Series - Live

Clarification: For those of you who received 5.40 this update only includes the following:

Addressed an issue that caused VO2 Max update and Training Status to not update

If you have not yet received Version 5.40, then the update will include the above, as well as everything that was previously in 5.40 which I have included below. 

Update can be downloaded through Garmin Express or Garmin Connect Mobile pending the rollout schedule.

- Fixed an issue that caused CIQ watch faces to display 0 calories.
- Added improvements to prevent dropped phone connection.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Fix an iOS reconnection issue on some phones.

• Thanks Spike! I just added performance condition data field to Run app. I'll try it tomorrow. I'm not a pro either. I just look at the delta of performance condition or VO2 max, as an indication of whether I'm improving or not. 

• All the best then! I hope you get the desired results! In case not, you will let us know. thanks. 

• Good stuff overall. Everything seems to be improved but sleep track. 

Sleep track is still way off and not on par with any other brands accuracy and tracking options. 

• Thanks Spike! I ran this morning and performance condition didn't update. PC data field just had dashes instead of any value. It's nice that it's working for you. At this point, I can only conclude that performance condition and VO2 max is not bugged, but broken. In fact, if I click on 'Training Status' on Garmin Connect, the app crashes. If this feature is broken, Garmin should just not me those values. It's not cool to see training status as 'recovering' after running 8 runs in 12 days. 

All of my runs are part of "Garmin Training Plan". I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it. Common sense tells me that it shouldn't. But who knows. 

If any garmin rep reads this, please help me

• Srikar, I am sorry to hear that. I also went for a run today and everything worked fine.

The Garmin Training Plan shouldn't have anything to do with that. E.g. performance condition is measured on the watch itself. 

Have you checked the user profile for completeness? I guess it worked before replacement and you synced your user profile from GC with the initial setup, is it?

• I checked user profile on the watch. It imported all of my settings from previous watch, maybe because of garmin connect. Nevertheless, I set the profile again. I noticed one thing, there are heart-rates for different sports. Did you have a RHR just for running? I have it automatically set in mine. 

The issue of garmin connect app crashing when I open training status has nothing to do with watch isn't it? I wonder why that's broken.

Does it make sense to software-reset the watch and set everything as if it's new? It's annoying to do it, so I want to keep it as last resort. Of course, there's no guarantee that it'll work

• Sorry for hogging this forum. My previous watch was on 5.30 version. So, it makes sense that last record of performance condition and VO2 max was with that watch and FW version. Is it possible to revert back to 5.30. I want to test that

• I do have a separate HR profile for running listed but in fact it's the same as the standard one. When I choose average HR in the standard profile the running profile RHR is updated at the same time. So your running HR profile should have been updated for you yesterday as well. 

For the Connect mobile app you could try to clear cache data or worst case reinstall it. Your data is on the Connect server anyway, so shouldn't be much of an issue. It just takes some time to set it up again. Check your 'Training Status' stats on Connect with a web browser first. 

A reset of the watch could be an option for you. However, I think your replacement watch came with reset already, no? 

• Spike, let me thank you for your time first! You're wonderful :D 

Yes, HR profile for running is same as standard. Web app seems to have an updated training status. I don't agree with what it says, but seems to have updated :D. Garmin Connect is least of my concerns in general. I'm okay with it crashing like that

Replacement watch definitely came with reset. As part of the setup process, I updated to latest 5.50 version. So, I never ran with this watch with older firmware. I don't think software reset would downgrade the firmware version and I don't think there's an official way to downgrade.

• Thanks, and you are welcome! 

The Connect app crash will be a local app issue, maybe with some of the data on it. Try reinstalling it. 

A downgrade of firmware will not help much and a reset does not downgrade. Generally speaking the firmware version is irrelevant in such case, since everything is working for other users. 

Give it try with another run. I think I remember that VO2 Max needs 2 runs in the near past before it's displayed on the app. Performance condition should come with every run if everything is set up correctly. 

Worst case do a reset and set up the watch with a new sync.