This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 - frequently disconnecting from Bluetooth

I have a non-music forerunner 245. These last few days, my week frequently disconnects from Bluetooth. It's happens intermittently, it's randomly disconnecting and reconnecting throughout the day. 

I just did a full factory reset on my watch this morning and I'm still having the same issue. 

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

• I am not so sure about this. They could sacrifice a bit of battery life for better connectivity. I am sure power consumption can be controlled with firmware level changes.

• I managed to fix the problem by adding Garmin Connect to the list of apps that are allowed "Autostart"
    (I am running Android on a Xiaomi phone)
    Since I did this I do not face disconnection problems anymore.

Before that I configured my Garmin watch to vibrate when disconnecting, so that I would at least notice right away that the watch is not connected anymore.

• This thread is about directly connecting bluetooth ear buds to the Forerunner 245 Music...

• My Forerunner 245M was working flawlessly with my old JBL Peak Endurance (not current model in the market) headphones for ~2 years. They physically broke so I replaced them with some Sony WF-XB700's and encountered issues with them straight away, tried to push through but the bluetooth would disconnect randomly but also each time I would touch any buttons on the watch (especially activities). It was unusable.. now looking for new headphones.. not looking good for Garmin with these posts I keep seeing over and over again re BT connection issues.

I still have my old JBL physically broken headphones.. I wonder if they still work. Could it be an older, more compatible BT version?

We really need an official device compatibility list for products that connect via BT to this Garmin Foreunner 245M.

• April 2022 and I have this issues. Any update Garmin?

• I have this too with my 245 music, both Stryd footpod and HRM-Pro keep disconnecting. No issues with my older 645 music or Apple Watch 6.

• It has been a year since you wrote this and the issue isn't even close to being resolved! What the heck are you people doing? My 245 music is completely unusable for music! 

• Horrible imply  there's actually any support! 

• I finally found a solution for this shitshow of a problem, not pretty but I've had two 10km runs with music and there were no issues. Before, they would  die about 4-5 times during a run and wouldn't reconnect for several minutes

* Have the latest firmware update

* Remove any custom watch faces, not sure if this fixes anything but I did that anyway.

* Hold the LIGHT button for a while

* Disable every connection option, phone, bluetooth and such

* Reconnect buds, I have the Jaybird Vista which is all over this forum for having problems.

I only listen to Spotify with songs downloaded to the watch ie offline mode.

• I am using the Garmin Forerunner 255 music - the BT connection is absolutely TERRIBLE.  Garmin definitely has an issue here.  I would NOT recommend anyone purchase this product.