This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Running / walking distance inaccurate - Garmin ForeRunner 245

So today I did some testing with the Garmin Forerunner 245 music, and to my surprise the recorded distance seems to be very low. I wore two devices on my wrist and my phone was in my pocket, all recording were different. My phone records the most, then my fitbit and dead last seems to be my brand new garmin. Why is my Garmin recording way fewer meters than my phone/fitbit. Is the garmin just way more accurate then my phone and fitbit? Or is it quite the opposite and does my Garmin not work as properly.

I tweaked some settings hoping to get a better results, but so far no luck. Feeling disappointment.

1. GPS + Galileo (no succes)
2. GPS + GLOGALS (or something also no succes)
3. Set to record every second (hoping this will help, will see)

• Also I have read online that the fitbit used in scenario is notorious for recording low distances, so I was especially surprised that my fitbit is outperforming my waay more expensive garmin.

• I had the same issue.

Fact is that you have to wait for a full GPS sync before starting an activity (Half green circle on the top of the screen). If not, the device will sync during the activity and then it's like it never catches up and keep slipping in its distance measure for all the workout. I experienced up to 20% underestimations of distances on official circuits (8km measured instead of 10km real).

Hope this still helps.

• Hello,do you have a solution to fix this issue.I use forerunner 245 to clock my running, but the distance field not moving at all.

• Not quite sure its due to GPS sync time. Once my GPS locked my position, it still underestimates distances. Far below my instinct Solar and my Apple Watch 6. This Fr245Music is not accurate. Howeverr, when I stop the activity, the steps couting is pretty accurate!!!