This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to do bluetooth sync after 5.0 update

After 5.0 update bluetooth sync stopped working.

I also unpaired and paired forerunner with my android device, but it didn't help.

Now I need to use PC Garmin Express to sync stats, but it's inconvenience.

• Can you check what the ANT/BT/BLE version is now? I had a similar issue with a new FR245M just after the v5.00 upgrade. It appeared the ANT/BT/BLE version got stuck on v3.50, where v6.06 should be installed.

I Couldn't solve it and had to return the watch to Garmin for replacement

• I have the latest  ANT/BLE/BT: 6.06

GPS: 4.40

CIQ: 3.2.0 BMX: 0.9.0

WHR: 0.09.00

Sensor Hub: 5.04

• My 245M also stopped syncing with the connect app. The wifi syncing also gives an error when I try to use that.

I have an Android phone, and tried restarting both the watch and phone. Nothing worked.

I have also the v5.00 firmware.

• I just managed to get sync working.

Previously I unpaired watch from the phone.

Now I removed watch using Garmin connect app.

After reconnect, Bluetooth sync started to work again.

• Whatever I do I can't get the connection to work again. I have done a full firmware reset, reinstalled Garmin Connect, but nothing works.

• I don't get the 6 digit number request anymore. I don't know why.

• I had to reset the bluetooth settings on my phone. Now I am able to install my watch again

• Thanks for checking. The watch wouldn't accept the ANT/BLE/BT update to v6.06, still returning to v3.50. Returned it and just received a replacement which is working fine with BT, but still on SW version 4.40. I think I'll leave it there for now..

• Same problem here..

Although I have to 5.0 update already for 2 weeks with no issues suddenly today I could not sync anymore with my phone.

Played around with the bluetooth on garmin and on phone but that did not help.

Un-paired the Garmin in the Connect App but when trying to re-pair the device it fails.

Garmin 245M is found but the next step "Installation of your Forerunner 245 Music is being completed" it fails with the message "Pairing failed"

any ideas?

• Same problem here..

Although I have to 5.0 update already for 2 weeks with no issues suddenly today I could not sync anymore with my phone.

Played around with the bluetooth on garmin and on phone but that did not help.

Un-paired the Garmin in the Connect App but when trying to re-pair the device it fails.

Garmin 245M is found but the next step "Installation of your Forerunner 245 Music is being completed" it fails with the message "Pairing failed"

any ideas?