This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

245 Music time discrepancy

I run with a 245 Music and use the Garmin Connect website to communicate with other runners.

I track my running with my own training log app that I wrote myself. I access the fit file on the watch and convert it to a form I can import into my training log and read.

The watch logs all the trackpoints with a timestamp and for each lap calculates the elapsed time between the first trackpoint timestamp and the last for that lap.

It also records a timer time for the lap to allow for stops etc., but in the cases I looked at it was always the same as the elapsed time as I did not stop on my runs.

if you calculate the timestamp difference for each lap it should be the same as the elapsed time recorded in the watch.

However this is universally not true for the last lap. There is always a difference of 20 to 30 seconds in the calculated elapse time and the elapsed time recorded on the watch.

These elapsed times and or timer times are used by Garmin to calculate the run duration.

The run duration would appear to be short on every run even when you do not stop.

Can anyone explain this?