This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cadence drills

Hi I started training for the 10K with coach Amy and I need to perform Cadence drills, however I'm quite new to this and it doesn't really explain what I need to do? After the warm up, do I need to run slow or fast? Will the watch guide me? Thank you.

• I'd also like to know what you're supposed to do. The guide says something like "Feet low to the ground, light touch" but I don't really know what that means. 

• Hi, the watch should guide you. You always can check on google what mean cadence drill, watch some movies etc. The sense of this activity is to run low on the ground with highest cadence of your feet. It's not about speed. Watch should show you how high your cadence is, and how high it should be, just follow it.

• It is just a higher leg turn over, or cadence.  During the drill, your watch should show you if you are within the cadence target.  After you sync your workout, the activity screen on Garmin Connect shows the target cadence and your cadence results.  See an example of my workout below:

• My regular cadence when running is about 155. I have quite long legs. But when doing these drills, I'm going way over the amount required, averaging about 205. I can look at the watch, but it's only 30 seconds, so it's really difficult to check it before the drill is over. I'm obviously doing it wrong, but I don't know how. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to Vipero_

Thanks for this reply Thumbsup