This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My Music Missing from Music Providers

I have a Garmin 245 Music and about 99% of the time I can play the music I uploaded to my watch just fine. Today I can not even find my music in the "music provider" list. It doesn't have anything listed except Deezer. However, My Music, Amazon Music and Spotify should be there as well, but they are not. (I don't really care about the other providers except my music though.) Garmin Express shows the music loaded to the watch and that I have the latest updates installed. This happened one other time and I unknowingly fixed it through multiple attempts of updating, syncing, turning it off several times,signing in and out, etc and eventually it appeared. However, I tried all that again and this time I can't get it to correct itself.

• Hi, I started a similar post a couple of weeks ago titled NO MUSIC IN GARMIN EXPRESS with a problem similar to you. My post was :

I have previously installed music on my watch without a problem. I can still listen to it but when I launch Garmin Express, sync and go to "Music" it is empty. There is nothing in iTunes library or Forerunner 245 Music. There is a blue bar across the bottom with "Checking..." showing but does not stop. I have software 4.40 and tried reinstalling GE but the problem was still there. Any help would be appreciated.

• I kept searching and found that when pressing and holding the down button and bringing up music that way (what I was doing), you can't switch music providers. I think this is only sometimes like a glitch because I swear I've done it this way before anyways. They recommend pressing and holding the up button to get to settings and cycling through to music there. You can switch the music provider there. I did this and it worked.

**GHESTEM99 not sure about your issue. The music shows in my Garmin Express and Express says it's loaded on my watch. I just couldn't switch it to the correct music provider.

• Thank you for this. I've had a similar problem the last few days - the music section on my watch was greyed out (despite having used it for months without a problem!). After installing updates, re-syncing a million times and resending the playlist through Garmin Express, I got it to stop being greyed out on the watch, but still couldn't get it to play any music.

Pressing and holding up and going through settings finally got the music playing again. Like you, I've always held the down button and it always worked ok until a few days ago. How odd.

• I was also having this mind numbing problem because I absolutely knew I'd accessed it directly through the down button as opposed to the multiple steps through the up button. What I found is that the last service you used (whether Amazon, Spotify, or My Music) will be what comes up using the down button. If you always use the same thing for your music it's not a problem at all (I think).