This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Homeworkout Heartrate goes crazy

When Im doing my homework out, my Forerunner 245 sometimes drives me crazy.

My heart rate is about 100 at the beginning and at the end about +-120. It never drops under 100!!
Now look at the picture :(

Someone could help me please - Im very diappointed

• Every make and model watch with an oHRM will work differently because of design, weight, type of sensor, etc.  If you're wearing the watch correctly, get a HR strap.  If you feel this isn't an option for you, consider a different watch if the 245 doesn't work well for you. 

• It's the software update problem.

It started 7 days back for me, after updating software.

• I also started experiencing this problem after a software update (after OS 3.10 in my case)

• My homeworkout today is really strange: Heartrate should be 110-120bpm.

Forerunner said 80-100... sometimes 50bpm? Its a new watch, newest software.

That isnt normal isnt it? Maybe a wrong sensor?

Look at the new picture :-(
    The marked (yellow) parts are showing the issue:

• You could send it back or let support check the sensor. But in my experience, this is a software issue

• A software issue? Do you really think that?

UPDATE: When Im puting off my forerunner, one green led is blinking brighter than the other one. The "darker" one becomes brighter after 1-2sec after taking it off. Is that still "normal"? Did someone else notice that?

• 1 week and the newest update later, its still the same problem :(

• When Im puting off my forerunner, one green led is blinking brighter than the other one. The "darker" one becomes brighter after 1-2sec after taking it off. Is that still "normal"? Did

I've had several Garmin watches with the oHRM. I've never had a sensor light that was less bright than the others. I suspect it may be failing and could be the cause of your issue. I'd call Garmin to inquire about a replacement. 

• Okay, so I will contact the support - thank you! I thought this could be normal, but if not, it would be an issue :s