This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How much battery drainage in percentage after a 90 minutes run with only GPS on!?

After reading expert and user reviews online, I finally decided to buy a Garmin Forerunner 245 without music! I hope to have made the right choice!? as I don't care for the advanced extras the other forerunners offers. I am just curious how much battery drainage in percentage after a 90 minute run with GPS only on? I have no intention using the heart monitor, music, and any other options, because I feel it will probably drain the Forerunner 245's battery much faster. I love to hear a response from those who do a 5 days a week. or per day during a 90 minutes run/walk interval, and how much battery drainage you have noticed! in those five days or an hour? Thank you!

• Without Music but enabled GPS+Heartrate (don´t disable it if you not own a chest strap!) you should around 20 - 24hours based on the specs. In Real life i think you get 18 hours. On a full day of hiking i had around 60% battery left (around 8 hours GPS if i remember right). I don´t have the correct data becaus i only looked the first time on the battery drain. Now i know that the battery last more than enough for my activities.

Here is an image i made for comparing Garmin Venu + FR245, 23% in 3 hours but it is some month ago, i have the feeling that some updates has improved battery live with GPS. I think with 90 minutes you will lost aroud 6-10 percent (depends on your settings, heart rate, notifications etc...). I think it is more than enough ;)

Note: I switched from the FR245 Music to the Venu because the better Display which is great. But then i switched back to the non Music FR245 because i like the buttons and some functions. So currently i wear the non Music FR245 and i am happy.

• GPS + HR approximately uses 4 - 5 % battery charge per hour (with 24-hour activity tracking disabled).
    If listening music, battery drainage increases up to 20% per hour.

• Thank you both for your quick responses! so assuming as per your personal experiences, that if  I don't have the HR ON, NO MUSIC, AND HAVE THE BACK LIGHT to a permisable reading level, but only regular GPS on, that I may save even more than the percentage average given?

• I don't think, that consumption will be less, than 4% / hour.

• Well at least is a lot better then relyng on the app MAPMYRUN fitness tracker and my phone's GPS, as it used to consume 35 to 40 percent my cellphone's battery, per the full 90 minutes I usually run in a day! if this Garmin Forerunner 245 GPS watch cosumes 40 percent of its battery every five days, I am happy!!

• I was running 15 km in around 90 minutes yesterday with GPS only, and the battery drained from 87% to 80%. Very satisfied with the battery life on my FR245!

• 15 kms is about 9.3 miles! my run is about 5.5 miles! I will have to run that many miles to verify your 7% vs my 5%!? I'll keep you posted!