This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Chance that the 245M get Strava Segments Garmin?

Is there a chance they will be added later? Would be a nice feature...

thank you

• We currently do not have plans to add Strava Live Segments to the Forerunner 245 series. 

• Thats really sad Garmin Blake, one of the better music watches from the "Forerunner" Series - and no plans? Would it be possible?

I wouldnt do the switch to a even more expensive Garmin only because of that!

Really sad story if you ask me.... paid enough money for this watch..

• I’d really love them on my 245 as well. Really pleased with the watch but have to do live segments on my phone which is a pain. Does the watch have the capability to do it? 

• Would also like this feature on mine - Even the garmin segments is a nightmare to add - most of the segments im running against are on Strava. Dont get me wrong they can be set up in Garmin, but I cant get any segments to show live on the 245

• This is sad - my first Garmin watch is the 245M and I was surprised to find it didn't include Live Segments.  I guess this is how they can charge more money for the 645M over the 245M.  They just hold back features that are perfectly capable of being run on both watches even though it doesn't put any more work on them.  Figures...

• If garmin edge, 945, Fenix can do it, the 245 should do it. Its only the willingness from garmin to make it or not....

• Hi This is now three years on! I have just bought Strava premium, for the live segments and now realize I cant use them on my 245. Come on any update ???

• There are no Strava live segments on the 255 or 265 either (so no way it will come to the 245 IMHO) , you need to use the 745 955 965 for that.

At least with premium you do get the Segment ranking etc

You can make a course with a segments on it manually...not quite the same obviously but some workaround.

But yes would be nice if 2XX series had it!

Was one of the reasons I went for the 965 not the 265.

• This is a real bummer. Since there are no live segments on my 245m and I often run in new places, I have to slow and look at the map while I run which means I lose the segments because Strava only records elapsed time for them. Get it together Strava. If segments were like a race, they would be clearly marked…