This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

During a run my Garmin 245 stops accessing or loses GPS.

It still records time HR etc but distance seems to be based upon cadence. 

My harder and faster intervals with a longer cadence were slower per the Garmin than the recovery with the shorter strides.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

• What System SW and GPS versions are you running? Also, do you have a public link to an activity that you would be comfortable sharing in this thread? Seeing the environment may help figure out the cause as well. 

• Good ideas:

1. Software: 4.10.0.0

2. I opened the activity to everyone and here it is - connect.garmin.com/.../4665627804

Sorry the link paste is in lite grey and was unable to change the color inside this message.  But the activity # is 4665627804

Thanks

• At what point did that activity lose GPS? There isn't a clear visual indicator of when that may have happened. I cannot speak to the accuracy of the track since I don't know exactly where you ran, but that activity looks as though it had a signal the entire time. 

Separately, while the 4.20 SW update doesn't directly address GPS performance, we always advise staying up to date. Also, knowing what GPS version you have installed will be very helpful for this case. 

• If you go to the map or the topograpghy it levels off when I lost it.  I had run out then did some loops in a forest perserve and ran back.  It dropped in the middle of the second effort (lap #3).  first was a long warmup then 800 at 3:57 then during the next 800 it was lost.

• Software is 4.2 is now installed.  The

GPS is 2.9 version