This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connecting my 245 to Zwift

After reading a few posts here, I am assuming that I can connect my 245 Music to my Zwift?  I have a Garmin footpot and the Ant+ dongle connected to my Samsung tab pro S tablet (which is Microsoft and not android.)  I was able to connect my footpot without any issues.  Is it possible to use the watch for the HR?  Do I connect it via the laptop or the Zwift companion app?  I also saw somewhere that you have to connect the HR first, then the footpod.  Will that throw things off?  My footpod is connected to my watch and the Zwift account.  I guess I have to unpair it and then re-pair it after the watch for HR?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I only got started with Zwift yesterday.  Also, connecting Garmin, Zwift and Strava, causes 2 treadmill runs to show on Garmin and Strava.  I ended up deleting one, but what is the best way to address this?  (ie:  Just let Zwift upload everything and not open up the treadmill run or virtual run on my 245?)  

• (My 245m + footpod) connects to (smartphone + Zwift companion app) + (laptop + Zwift for windows) = excellent work.

• When using the Virtual Run profile on the 245 (and music), you will open the Virtual Run app and then pair this directly to Zwift via your Bluetooth connection. Whatever sensors are reporting to your edge, such as footpod or external heart rate monitor, are what will be broadcast to Zwift. 

In regards to the multiple activities, I would personally recommend just saving the activity on your Forerunner and then deleting whichever run you do not want in your Garmin Connect account. We currently will not merge or delete any activities if they are duplicates. 

• Hello,

I can't figure out how to connect Garmin 245 virtual run with Zwift (Android app). My watch don't give me the screen menu (as shown in the video) to connect with Zwift. The only option give me when select virtual run mode is to give a name. After giving a name and select it nothing happens. Everything seems ok. I am able to see the broadcasting hr icon  enabled, Bluetooth enabled. Is it possible not be anabled in my country yet.l?

Thank you.

• I know this is an odd request, but you would you be able to take a photo of the message you are seeing when you open Virtual Run? This would be very helpful. 

• Thanks Blake!!!  It worked!

• Ok a hard reset fixed the issue.

• I have the same issue.  Just updated to software version 4.41.  I follow the instructions to add Virtual Run to my list but it reverts to asking me to change the name.  I can't get beyond that point.