This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My new Forerunner 245 Music does not ever get GPS signal

Hello everyone,

Just trying to reach the wider audicence in case someone can help identifying my problem,

I bought my Forerunner 245 Music yesterday and started having problems when trying to sync from my iPhone via Garmin Connect app (but I didn´t bother too much at that time). After a while I discovered the pulse oximeter functionality was neither working and it said "Pulse oximeter version mismatch. Update software." This annoyed me a bit, so tried to update the software via Garmin Connect but no update was available (apparently it was already up to date?).

So I decided to try to go for a run to test it. In order to compare the GPS precision against my iPhone GPS, I started strava in my iPhone and a run activity in my Garmin  watch. I was so surprised to see that Garmin activity was only 9km when my Strava from the iPhone GPS Signal was reading 10km... the offset looked just too much for me.. Later on I was even more annoyed when realised I couldn´t even see the map on my Garmin activity! Suggesting I never actually got GPS signal at all during the run activity... I cross checked this and indeed it is not getting GPS signal at all!

My last workaround has been to connect it (via USB) to my laptop and try to update the software via Garmin Express... However it locks down at the screen "Please wait while we finish setting up your device" as gets stuck in the progress bar and never ends the process...

Garmin, this is so frustrating... I wasn´t expecting this at all from a top company as you are... Can you please provide a workaround to fix my brand new Forerunner please? If this is a hardware problem then please I would also like to know how to proceed to get a replacement...

So disappointed...

Has anyone experienced similar issues at all?

Thanks...